[haiku-appserver] Re: haiku MTRR setup: VIA tested!

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:53:27 +0100 CET

Happy new year everyone! :-)

Hi axel,

> "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Here are the results: after setting up MTRR for the graphics memory
> > throughput speed quadrupled!!.
> > This is the confirmation that the BIOS does NOT set this up.
>
> Good to know :-)

I have to update this a bit. It turns out that _some_BIOSes _do_ set
this up. I saw one where you can actually select this yourself in the
MB system setup utility.

> How's your progress with the VIA driver anyway? Is it already
> complete?
Graphics: Nope. Nothing done beyond the 'general' driverversion in
haiku CVS (skeleton).
This will change however, but not in CVS I expect. Still waiting for a
decision about this here :-/

VIA CPU: (mtrr) Works, but as it's a 'hack' it's not in CVS.

Bye!