[haiku-appserver] Re: Be's BView and BGLView (and BDirectWindow?) clipping info is faulty

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:11:30 +0200 CEST

Hi once more:

> > Since the clipping info is specified in screen coordinates, I would
> > find it very odd if a BMenuBar (which is just a view) would mess
> > the
> > clipping up, but who knows.
> It's faulty. Maybe I'd better recheck if it's screen coordinates
> then:
> could be relative to left-top as well. But it's faulty.
Rechecked:
So the clipping info is indeed in screen coords. But it's faulty none
the less. I use the clipping_bounds currently to help me find the
offset. And, yes: that rect is faulty too. (that is, it's corresponding
to the clipping list would that be OK, and so has the same offset
fault)

BTW: I don't expect anyone to take my word on this. My posting was only
meant to 'make it known that there might be a fault' so you can check
it for yourself when 'it's up'. Nothing more, nothing less :-)

As soon as I have 3D acc running I'll release the sourcecode: anyone
willing can try to tweak it themselves then, and see what's wrong. :)

BTW2: I mentioned I tested on Dano, right? I did not yet check R5. I'll
do that when I find the time and let the results know here.

OK, signing off: I want to see if I can get acc up asap. :-)

Bye! Thanks for listening :)

Rudolf.