[haiku-appserver] Re: Be's BView and BGLView (and BDirectWindow?) clipping info is faulty

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:52:51 +0200 CEST

Hi,

> Well, I guess one day I'll have to import Mesa's BeOS driver under
> haiku SVN,
> src/kits/opengl/...
> But maintaining in two places is not fun :-(

I'd say, after a big cleanup, my nVidia driver should be there as well.
The right driver should somehow be selected on a user's system of
course..

Philippe, CopyPixels needs to be implemented as well: Blender needs it:
the author? (Michael Weirauch) currently has a private extended version
of BGLView to work with...

I think it could be helpfull to contact him..

> Mesa's BeOS port is source and binary compatible with Be's libGL.so,
> so I don't
> seem why we could not be compatible from Haiku too ;-)
Sounds nice :)

> Maybe it was about being compatible with the Beta OpenGL Hardware
> accelerated
> version? I can't see how we could be, as:
> - it was never made public API (but it'd leaked...)
> - it make no sense at all ;-)
> - better to do our own new, public, open sourced API for Haiku/BeOS
> OpenGL
> accelerant add-ons.
>
> I've started to work on this last point, BTW.
> Currently, on my laptop, I've a libGL.so which contains exporting
> BGLView class,
> the gl and glu calls BUT not the renderer.
> I'm working on porting the Mesa BeOS driver into an addon (accelerant
> /opengl/*
> ?) so the current Mesa-based software renderer will come as an addon.

I'd love to see the nvidia 3D add-on implemented that way!

---

Status update: Z-buffer trouble fixed again: I introduced a fault
myself.
Next up: 2D/3D driver sync init trouble fix, then remaining HW
rendering functions update, then benchmarking!
Should be all up within a week (or so) now... (!)

Rudolf.