[haiku-appserver] Re: Be's BView and BGLView (and BDirectWindow?) clipping info is faulty

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:23:47 +0200

Rudolf asked:

> Philippe, CopyPixels needs to be implemented as well: Blender needs it:
> the author? (Michael Weirauch) currently has a private extended version
> of BGLView to work with...

I did implemented in Mesa 6.1 and sooner. Look for
MesaDriver::CopyPixels{In|Out}() methods:

http://cvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/beos/GLView.cpp?rev=1.16&view=auto

But notice it's cannot be done by BGLView class itself, as for best performance
it's dependend on where the renderer store the front buffer and how it's
accessed.
For current MesaDriver (aka Mesa-powered software renderer class), it's just a
matter of copying the color buffer BBitmap bits in or out. But for hardware
accelerated renderer(s), things can/would change there...

> I think it could be helpfull to contact him..

I'm not sure, but I guess that's the guy who contacted me about these methodes
missing implementation. I handed him an unreleased Mesa 6.3 version, aka my
latest local version I had at this time. Before I started to screw all moving
to rendered add-ons based. ;-)

If I'm wrong here and he did implement himself these methods, yep, i'm
interested!

> I'd love to see the nvidia 3D add-on implemented that way!

Yep. But don't hold your breath, I'm not ready to commit anything that would
build along the others Haiku's kit yet. Nor I've finished to code & test the
add-ons renderers API...
When I'll have a version of the newer design + the current Mesa-powered software
renderer in an add-on fully working like today Mesa 6.1 BeOS port, I'll share
the code and start importing it into SVN. Before doesn't make any sense.
Plus I don't have Internet in my spare time currently.

- Philippe