[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: [BeZillaBrowser] Integrating Firefox native add-ons

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:03:46 +0100

2010/2/15, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:
> I am not sure if all BeZillaBrowser maintainers are reading this list,
>  Fredrik Holmqvis (tqh) for example. Hopefully everyone is here.

I do read it, but havn't had time to answer yet.

What Rahul is trying to fix isn't really a bug, it's how Firefox is
intended to look like according to specs. I know I investigated it a
lot back in the days to make sure we give the right flags for windows.
Some OS'es do handle those flags different than their definition
though.
Good thing is that if we want to change it it's a platform specific
XUL that is needed, which Rahul was working on.

I'm not really sure I'd call myself a maintainer anymore, and I
personally think that more focus on WebKit would be best. If someone
wants to work on a newer Firefox I'd suggest the following:
* Start working on it with our QT port (cairo using QT)
* Fix it to build and run (NSPR, bustages, XPCOM, widget, sqllite,
gcc4, old patches, fonthandling and so on)
* Sharpen your elbows and try to get things commited
* Get Cairo for Haiku working properly and port Firefox over.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH