[guidedogchat] Re: nyla bone question

  • From: Nadine Lattimore <nadine.lattimore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 23:03:12 +0000

Ok think they are called raw hide bones, like pressed into a solid bone shape.
Anyway got one free with an offer few years back and similar thought line to
you Debbie, said I would give Q timed visitation. It was huge, easily my femur
twin so I guessed 20 - 30 minutes then put away for next day. Was told it would
take between 3 and 4 hours for him to scoff.
Gave bone, heard yummy crunchy scoffing noises and went to check after 15
minutes when this stopped. Well I moved furniture, checked his bed etc thinking
where had he put it. Thats right he had managed to get it all in. I have never
got that size again, I was afraid it was caught in his throat. No ill effects
what so ever.
Think he just softened it enough to be able to swallow big chunks. So now I go
for nylabones or store bought real bones with yummy stuff in it.

Nadine Lattimore