[GradeQuick] Re: Late grades on Gradequick?

  • From: Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:49:30 -0500

Kay Collins wrote:
> how do you show on the spreadsheet that a grade is late.
> In my hardcopy, I highlight in yellow, but so far, I can't
> find a way to designatewhether a grade is just low or low
> for a late grade.

A couple of other people on here have suggested several "footnote"
systems. While they work, they seem like too much work for me. I prefer
"quick-and-easy" solutions. Here's what *I'd* do: RIGHT-click on the
student's grade. From the menu that pops up, click on "Add score footnote
(L) Late." This put a tiny "L" next to that student's grade to indicate
the low score was caused by lateness. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

> what method do you find is the best way to set up extra credit?

The easiest way is to set up a separate test column just for extra credit.
(Call it "ExtraCr" or something like that.) The key is to put a ZERO in
the "possible" box. Then, give the students the number of extra credit
points they got. This increases the students' totals without increasing
the "possible points" total.

> Can I use Edline at home or do I have to buy more?
> and is it worth purchasing?

It's not worth purchasing it as an individual. It's most effective when
your school (or district) supports it.

Jerry Taylor
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece, NY School District
Web page: www.jerrytaylor.net
TASK page: www.greece.k12.ny.us/task/

"I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

   Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx