[GradeQuick] Re: Late grades on Gradequick?

  • From: "P. Buckendorf" <pbuckendorf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:22:46 -0700

P. Buckendorf
Nampa Christian Schools
"By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn."

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:37 , KCollins <kcollins2@xxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

Hi! I'm new here to your list and look forward to finding out a few answers
that we have struggled with this year using Gradequick for the first time.

First, how do you show on the spreadsheet that a grade is late. In my hard
copy, I highlight in yellow, but so far, I can't find a way to
designatewhether a grade is just low or low for a late grade. (We drop a
grade 10% for one day late, and 50% after that.)
As far as I know, you cannot show a late grade like that in Gradequick.

Secondly, what method do you find is the best way to set up extra credit?
We set up extra credit by giving the assignment a value of 0 points; then
giving the appropriate points to extra credit to the individual students.
You can also, of course, add the points to an assignment, but by setting up
atest column called extra credit, it is easy to see which students have
actually done the work.  If you had EDLINE, the parents could also see if
their child was taking advantage of extra credit.  However, if you weight
categories, you must be careful which category you want the points to count
toward.  One could make a big difference over the other, depending on the
weighting.

Lastly, we didn't buy Edline - heard it cost more, but I did copy GQ at
home. Can I use Edline at home or do I have to buy more? and is it worth
purchasing?

EDLINE is great.  I'm sorry you don't have it.  You can't get it to use just
at home as far as I know. It definitely has been worth the money for us.
We've had many positive comments from parents, and even fewer athletic
ineligibilites as students can keep a tighter watch on their grades.  It's
very easy to fine make-up work when you're home sick, too, so there's less
lag for the teacher correcting those late assignments.
Feel free to email me privately if this is repeat information for all of
you.
Hope you all have some suggestions for me. Thanks in advance, Kay
kcollins2@xxxxxxxxxxx[1]

Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[3]

Message sent via MyMail - http://MyMail.CableONE.net

--- Links ---