[GradeQuick] Re: Auto roster update

  • From: Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:14:13 -0500

LaVenia Clark wrote:
> Jerry,
> Is your system managed at local school sites or
> is it done from a central office?  (just wondering
> about some logistics for our system.

We have seven secondary schools in four different locations. (Some of our
high schools and middle schools are in the same building.) Each school has
to have its own ("personalized") copy of GQ installed. (That's the way the
CDs come from Jackson Software.) The roster updates are done at each
location. The process is not totally "automated," though. We're still
working on that. It still requires "human intervention" (which only takes
a minute or two).

> Also what grade levels do you have?

All teachers in grades 6-12 are required to use GQ.

> We have a middle school setting where students
> come to us from several feeder schools is there
> a problem getting students into the system?

Not sure what you mean. Why would "where they came from" be a "problem"?

Jerry Taylor
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece, NY School District
Web page: www.jerrytaylor.net
TASK page: www.greece.k12.ny.us/task/

"For all of the ways that technology has improved our lives, Press 1"

   Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx