[GradeQuick] Re: Auto roster update

  • From: JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:44:00 EST

LaVenia Clark wrote:

> I don't know about your school, but ours has locks on some functions
> that we can't change.  One of these is class rosters.  We can not move
> students from one class to another.  This has to be done through the
> registrar.

LaVenia...

If a school is set up to automatically update students rosters in GradeQuick,
you wouldn't WANT teachers adding students, deleting them, moving them
around, etc. It should happen automatically based on the information in your
school's data management system.

My district (Greece, NY) has been using this "auto-update" method for many
years. As soon as a student is added to (or dropped from) a teacher's class,
the
next time the teacher opens his/her class, the change is reflected. (In
reality, there's usually a 1-2 day delay for this "synchronization" to occur.)
In
fact, we tell teachers NOT to try to add kids manually the first day they
arrive because the next time the teacher opens his/her class from the network,
the
student would get DROPPED (until the student's schedule change gets "caught
up").

Jerry Taylor
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece, NY School District
Web page: www.jerrytaylor.net
TASK page: www.greece.k12.ny.us/task/

"I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a
pound. Apparently the gimmick is you have to show up."

   Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx