[gptalk] Re: Group Policy and Vista Firewall

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jasonwilliams74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:09:47 -0700

Hi Omar,

The problems we are having is that we can not start the Vista Firewall. Just
fails. yet, if we take a computer out of the domain, firewall starts up. My
conclusion is that the GPO was causing the issue.

Basically, i've been working to try and clear up the GPO's here and make
them more efficient. Right now, they hvae the GPO's to allow RDP access to
XP machines as well as a few other exceptions to access the machines. It
does not really sit well with me that it is a "broad" brush stroke at the
domain level with this policy.

I'll recreating the policy on a Vista machine, see if that does anything.

for the WMI portion, I can actually specifiy "Microsoft Windows XP
Professional?"
After I posted my thread, I thought, "It would be better if I specifically
indicated a OS. More specific.

Thanks.

Jason