[gptalk] Re: Group Policy and Vista Firewall

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jasonwilliams74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:36:58 -0700

Looks like, even after recreating the policy on a Vista machine, still
causes a problem. Its weird. I disable the Firewall policy, I can start the
firewall on Vista. I enable it, it throws an errors.
My next step would be to apply a WMI filter so the policy is only applied to
XP machines (probably not a bad idea anyway).

So just use:

SELECT * from Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE Caption LIKE "%Microsoft Windows
XP%"

Should do the trick, correct?

Thanks.

JW