[gptalk] Group Policy and Vista Firewall

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jasonwilliams74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:23:18 -0700

I seem to be having some issues with Vista and Group Policy. Looking at the
policy in place, we have a Windows XP Firewall policy applied at the root of
the domain. Not sure if that is the best way to apply, so im looking for
alternatives.

I thought about making a WMI filter to make this Group Policy only be
applied to XP machines. Would that be a viable option? Here is what I have
for my filter (Still learning on how to make WMI filters and script as well)

root\CIMv2

SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE BuildNumber !="6000"

I was thinking to, can I make this better?

I appreciate the help.

Jason