[gps-talkusers] Re: concerned US customers of Sense products

  • From: "Steve" <drum67-72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:01:26 -0400

Man, this has generated a lot of traffic.

Folks, I think people are upset over a change in distribution. The BrailleSense, VoiceSense, and Booksense along with the portable magnifiers that GwMicro distributed were never GWMicro products; they always have been manufactured by HIMS. What HIMS has decided to do is take over the the distribution of their products in this market, by establishing their own dealer network.

It is kind of like choosing to market a couple of car models under their own brand, rather than having them marketed along with other models by some other company.

I think what you will see, is many of the dealers who handled GWMicro products, like ourselves, will also be carrying the HIMS line. It is unfortunate that GWMicro will no longer be in the mix, but I know many of the same dealers will be there. Obviously, HIMS has taken the necessary steps to establish technical support and good distribution on their end. I can only hope that it rises to the generally good to excellent level that we have come to know with GWMicro. Time will tell on this last point.

What I can say from the products they have released is that HIMS intends to be in the market with technologically current products.

Steve
Lansing, MI

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.