[gps-talkusers] concerned US customers of Sense products

  • From: "Michael May" <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:15:23 -0700

Hello List,

Although it is sad to lose GW as the master distributor of Sense products in
the US, there are several good company reputations at stake and I am 100%
confident that customers will not be left in the lurch. I am forwarding this
message to GW and to Hims so we are all on the same page and I am sure they
would back me up in saying this.

I believe you will see the details of the transition over the next 2 to 3
weeks. We are pushing internally for specifics. I know some of the staff who
will be working in the Hims US office and they are excellent people. I have
worked a lot with Hims on the development of the Sense Nav and about
distribution worldwide. They attend all the conferences and often have their
own booth. They are very responsive regarding development and distribution
issues. They have given us their assurance that updates to Sense Nav will
continue on an annual basis. With the recent release of the Braille Sense
OnHand and Voice Sense QX, you can be certain they are quite serious about
selling these products in the US. It would only make sense, so to speak,
that they honor the warranty of existing customers as well.

I don't have any official information from Hims but this is my personal
feeling and understanding of this situation. Sit tight and we will learn the
details shortly.

Mike

Michael May, CEO Sendero Group
Developers of accessible GPS and distributors of technology for the blind

Voice, 530-757-6800
MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.senderogroup.com
http://www.AccessibleGPS.com