[gps-talkusers] Re: cannot find street using the address lookup feature

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:27:50 -0700

James,

Took about 20 minutes or so, but I found the problem with the address that
you are trying to lookup.

For some reason, if you use the city command after finally getting yourself
on brydon way it will say: "Rosemont, Mather, California" Now with knowing
that it is in "Rosemont" rather than "Sacramento" you can do the following:
state: california
city: Rosemont
address number: 8953
street name: brydon
there you have it!

It is nice because if you are traveling to this location but never were able
to find it, you can use the city command to see what city the system thinks
it is in. As in this situation, it really isn't in Sacramento.

The way I found this out was by setting myself somewhere in Sacramento,
doing a POI find for brydon, setting my virtual position to the first POI
and checking the city.

ahh the work-arounds involved in using such a featured packed program

Kevin