[gps-talkusers] Re: cannot find street using the address lookup feature

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:54:53 -0700

Hi Carol,

I really don't know the time frame from TeleAtlas of how often they update POI data, so a new business may take a year or more before it is registered. They may only update major city pois more often and do a sweep of the country once a year or every other year. I am just guessing however but it wouldn't surprise me if this happens.

Charles

At 01:21 PM 8/1/2007, you wrote:
Hmmm!  Thanks, Steve, that's interesting.

You may know that our house is absolutely the last in Reading and the Wokingham border goes along its left-hand side. Strange that when I check the city, having stopped outside my home, it says "Wokingham" but the maps are rightly included with Reading. I shall have to check just how far down the road I have to go before it's registering Reading!

Oh, anyone from Sendero, could you please advise what we do with information which has not been altered in the current maps. This particular shop (POI) moved about the same time the new maps came out and obviously this didn't make the change. I'd gladly pass it on if I should do this.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--