[gps-talkusers] Re: Using BrailleNote gps and a guide dog

  • From: "Les Kriegler" <lkriegl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:25:50 -0400

Hi Charles,

I'm glad this topic was raised.  I use a guide dog and the GPS on the
BN.  When I'm walking, the leash and harness are in my left hand, and I
often will hit a key with that hand.  What I'd like to see changed is
the key for obtaining the next intersection.  The letter X cannot be
done with one hand.  I'm hard pressed to think of a neumonic to be used
with one hand.  Letter B comes to mind, but that's not terribly obvious.
I see the dilemma you have here.  How about a way to choose the keys the
user wishes to define?  In otherwords, you could have a default layout,
the same keys that exist now, but if we as users wanted to re-define a
key for our purposes, whatever that might be, we could do so.  What do
you think?
Best Regards,

Les