[gps-talkusers] Re: Using BrailleNote gps and a guide dog

  • From: Charles La Pierre <lapierre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 05:48:59 -0700

We tried to put the most used functions using one hand only but there are
only so many combinations that are one handed, and we also wanted them to
make sense as far as what letter they represent, and to keep the QT and BT
as similar as possible.  If you can recommend which keys to move around I
will be willing to listen, but Mike and I spent a lot of time debating on
which keys did what function, and I think we have a pretty good compromise,
but we are always willing to hear suggestions, and then put it up for a
vote.  This is your product, and Mike and I are trying to make it as user
friendly as possible.  So any suggestions which will help everyone will be
implemented, and now is the time to step up since version 3.0 is in the works.

Thank you.
Charles LaPierre
CTO Sendero Group.

At 07:33 AM 5/22/2004, you wrote:
>I do wish that some of the 2-key commands could be replaced by 1-key
>commands, thus avoiding the need to use the left hand at all or to put the
>right hand into some pretty awkward positions.
>
>Al Gayzagian  algayzag@xxxxxxxxxxx

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W