[gps-talkusers] Re: Maps:

  • From: "Chris Meredith" <tallin32@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 19:38:48 -0700

I don't suppose that the person making that call could have been blind =
and
potentially superimposing his own difficulties parsing cardinal =
directions
onto a target market of which he considered himself a part?  I think =
they
have a blind exec or two there at VisuAide.

Still wonder why you occasionally get that feedback when you're =
browsing.

Does anyone know if BrailleNote GPS 3.0 will give you the realtime
intersection detection when you approach an intersection as well as have
that be a repeat announcement option?  One thing I do like about the =
Trekker
is that it does at least that much automagically and, whilst it is quite
handy with the BrailleNote GPS to know how far one is from the next
intersection as you approach, particularly in suburban areas where the
blocks are ... What ... Eight, ten miles apart, this becomes a slight
problem when one is waiting for the bus and one's location doesn't =
really
change all that much.

-C-