[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS Version 3 changes

  • From: Todd Patkus <tpatkus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:42:26 GMT

Ann,

Actually, to be very specific, what I said of the audio being "NO GOOD" is that
almost all companies that deal with blind technology definitely have everything
on audioCDs and audiocassettes bin general, definitely FORGET the deafblind who
need Braille!  That is why I abruptly questioned Mike May, not you (Ann) or
anyone else hereon this list, about the Braille issue.  No matter what
hearing/blind say.  They must learn to understand the deafblind and their
needs!  In addition, I should emphasise to you that it is vitally important
that you hearing/blind NEITHER ignore NOR leave the deafblind out.  Please
remember there is another deafblind hereon this list, yes, not just me alone.
Please try to understand that, if I see words like that, I only react to them
very sharply.  Just try to think more about it and you hearing/blind will see
why.

Ann, maybe you mean the MSMT in California that transcribes the Braille manual?
 Rather than the audio, is it possible for Sendero to put that manual on the
flashcard to save room and paper?  Look at the Braillenote having one already
therein, not the flashcard.