[goodfeel] Re: Reading .pdf Music Scores?

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:30:18 -0500

You can probably run the pdf's through a music OCR package, but the results would still need to be checked and edited by a sighted person.

Perhaps you can get things in Music XML and import them into Sibelius. Then you could mark up the score and send it back as PDF, print it out, etc.

At 01:12 PM 1/15/2014, you wrote:
Hi, Everyone.
I'm taking a music class this semester, and we're all required to turn our work in as .pdf files. We're also supposed to comment on each others' weekly submissions. Is there something I can use to be able to read the .pdfs independently i.e. without having to get help transcribing them so they're accessible? I have Sibelius 5 as part of my set-up, along with of course, Lime and Goodfeel. Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Dani

** or send a message, to ** goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq