[goodfeel] Re: Reading .pdf Music Scores?

  • From: "Shelley Franklin" <achildofchrist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:16:46 -0600

Brian,
You can get the software from www.print-driver.com.  After you install the
software, it will be listed as a printer on your computer.  Find it under
“printers” and select “properties”.  Use the JAWS cursor to find “file format”
and select it.  After choosing the TIF format from the dropdown list, tab to
“colors” to select the black & white or grayscale, and tab again to get to the
option to select to print each page as a single page. Then, use the JAWS cursor
to find “output” and select where you will save the images.  You can choose
whether you want to be prompted for a file name each time or allow the program
to give a default name, which is the name of your document with a number
afterward.  Once you’ve done this, you can open your PDF files in Adobe reader
and print them with UDC just as you might print anything else.  You should only
have to set up everything once. Sorry for the rambling explanation.
This software as worked well when I’ve needed to access scores that were only
available in PDF and produced much better results in SharpEye than trying to
print each page of the file to manually scan it.
Shelley