[gmpi] Re: the name GMPI

  • From: Marc Poirier <fipnid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 08:35:00 -0800 (PST)

Aww, it's nice to see so many ideas already.  I have a few more that I
just thought of, trying to make the acronyms a little more zippy (I agree
with others who say that it is important that the name sound
appealing/exciting/whatever):

ZOINC - Zoinc Open Interface for Noise Connectivity
POMPOM - Pompom Open Music Plugin Operation Mechanism
POTION - Portable Open Technology for Integrating Operable Nuggets
BUPH - Buph Universal Plugin Hitch
FAP - Format for Audio Plugins

Or I could make a totally ego-driven name:
MARC - Music & Audio Rendering Components
or better yet:
MARC - Marc's Audio Rendering Components
heh heh...

So far, I think that these are my personal favorites:

BUMP - Better Universal Music Plugins
AMX -  Audio + Music eXtensions
OOMPA - OOMPA Open Music Plugin Architecture
ZOINC - Zoinc Open Interface for Noise Connectivity
FAP - Format for Audio Plugins

For BUMP, though, I think that having it be Bump Universal Music Plugins
might be better, since I'm not too fond of the idea of "better" being part
of the name.  Or in that case, we could have it be anything like PUMP,
GUMP, SUMP, RUMP, LUMP, etc., but I like the sound of BUMP.

Marc

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/