[gmpi] the name GMPI

  • From: Marc Poirier <fipnid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:38:00 -0800 (PST)

So, I was thinking about the name again.  I still think that it's a pretty
terrible acronym, and just wanted to propose a couple of alternatives:

OMPI - Open Music Plugin Interface
People seem to like to use that word "open" for things like this, ey?

GAPI - Generalized Audio Plugin Interface
Yeah, I know, it's not necessarily always audio coming in or out, but hey,
it's not always going to be music either, so I think that this name is no
more inaccurate than the current one, but fine enough.

IMC - Integrated Music Components
Though then it gets confused with Indy Media Centers...

Anyway, just a few ideas.

Marc

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/