[gmpi] Re: Reqs vs Spec vs in-between (a choice)

  • From: eric <dilvie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:09:12 -0700

Tim Hockin wrote:

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:36:00AM -0500, RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

There are lots of way to achieve those goals. Forunately, we don't need to
solve that part just yet...

This brings up a good topic.

The doc I have is long and twisty.  It suddenly dawned on me that it is half
spec and half requirements.

I am faced with a choice:

Keep the doc as it is.  Some sections read like a spec in requirements
format.  Some sections read like real requirments.  Some sections read like
a book on GMPI.

Or

Convert it into a much simpler Requirements statement, and couple it with
the extra meat as 'spec considerations'.  I don't want to lose the extra
meat.

Convert it into a much simpler requirements statement, and couple it with the extra meat as considerations. I believe that will produce a much more organized and readable document, and possibly even avoid bad design choices that start with spec rather than a problem that needs solving.

It may taste different from the list, but IMO, that's a good thing. =)

--
~
<http://www.dilvie.com/>