[gmpi] Re: Decision time: 7.2

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:01:16 -0400

I like (c) for several reasons.

First, if you want to build a simple in-place plugin, it's still very easy
to do.  Process your input buffers when you receive them, and then pass them
right back out.

But if you want to do a copy plugin, it's also fairly easy.  Once you've got
all your input buffers, ask the host for an output "delivery" buffer, fill
it, and pass it along.

If we ever want to wrap buffers in some lightweight OOP abstraction -- and I
think we should -- then the buffer "wrapper" could be the "baton".  So one
helps the other.