[ggo-discussion] Re: big old and forgotten bug

  • From: "Kevin Purvis" <k_purvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:05:07 -0500

Hello All:

- I had a very similar problem a while ago. Peter gave some suggestions that
I think are the ultimate cause. I happened to upgrade to Service Pack 2 at
roughly the same time I started occasionally using AOL instant messenger.
According to Peter, SP2 has limits on outgoing internet connections. I
believe AIM likes to take up a bunch. When I stopped using AIM at the same
time as glGo the problem ceased. Perhaps you are running some other
applications that would also be connected to the internet? I am sure Peter
can expand.

- Yes, I had the same problem with reloading to an earlier point than
listed. Until that is fixed, completely exiting the application and then
reopening it should fix that as well.

- It does bring up another thought though. I really wish that when a
disconnect did occur, there was more explicit notice from glGo than just a
line in the telnet window.

Your program is always getting better Peter. Thank you from all the go users
out there!

Best Regards,

Kevin Purvis