[ggo-discussion] Re: Problems with 3D-Board

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:24:42 +0100

theubner wrote:

> But whenever I try to use it there it loads for some time and
> then I get to see the 2D-board.

Are you sure this isn't already the 3d board, just in a flat top-down
view? It looks quite similar to the 2d board then. Try holding down the
Control key and move your mouse over the board, this should rotate it.
Press Backspace to reset to top-down view again. Control + cursor keys
also rotates. See the "Usage" chapter in the manual for a list of all
keyboard shortcuts to move the 3d board.

This might sound a bit silly, but a couple of other people stumbled
about the same thing, thinking it's the 2D board but in fact it was the
3D one in top-down view, and they didn't know they could rotate the
board. :)

> OpenGL Information:
>
> Renderer: GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE/AGP
> Version: 1.5.2
> Hersteller: NVIDIA Corporation

This looks good, quite similar to my own box. Your video card and this
driver should support OpenGL out of the box.

Peter