[ggo-discussion] Re: big old and forgotten bug

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:50:54 +0100

Not forgotten. I can reproduce this with glGo on Windows (but it doesn't
happen on Linux or Mac). I have absolutely no idea why this happens.

Generally having more than one OpenGL display in one application is a
dirty hack, not supported by some videocard drivers, and can lead to
problems. Also the fact it doesn't occur on Linux and Mac makes me think
it's not a glGo issue. It's actually the same code in glGo for Windows,
Linux and Mac. wxWidgets, the GUI library I use, wraps the 3D code and
implements it with wigl (a Microsoft OpenGL helper library) on Windows.
The Linux version implements it with X11 lib. Hence, it could either be
a bug in glGo which oddly only occurs on Windows, or a bug in wxWidgets,
or a bug in the wigl library. Hard to figure out ... ;(