[geocentrism] Re: The Trinity

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:51:10 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:56:04 -0700 (PDT)

Read carefully..I’m not anti- "Trinity"....................There are many analogies and similitudes regarding the Trinity and I think for the most part they are adequate. I will say, I personally don’t like using the word coz it is not found anywhere in scripture. Agreed.  ... What is found in the scripture is a vague concept. It is that vague concept that we call "the trinity". But the text does not detail that concept nor does it ever mention any term with intrinsic meaning to refer to that vague concept except perhaps "us" and "One God". Agreed. This is part of the problem. We invent words that could only get any valid meaning from vague concepts found only from a source that does not bother to divulge that information and yet we still insist on assigning our invented words/ concepts with intrinsic, absolute values. We ge so caught up in our adhoc words that we loose sight of what we are given specifically. ...