[geocentrism] Re: Ancient calendars

  • From: "Cheryl B." <c.battles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:17:57 -0500

Carl -- Re fitting in with groups, I've been a Christian for over 30 years,
and I've noticed that Christians (Messianic or otherwise) can sometimes be
really mean.   This in spite of all the teachings on being kind, turning the
other cheek, and being a giver not a taker.  We're told to do good to all
men, but  especially to those of  the faith.

And you're right that if you hook up with a church or a group they want you
to go along with the program.   It's not good to come into a group and act
like you're there to reform everybody.  That doesn't go over very big.

There is absolutely no perfect church in existance anywhere on this planet
that I know of.

If you want to debate doctrine, discuss doctrine, the Internet is a great
place to do that.  Sermonaudio.com has a great discussion board, very
fast-moving, and easy to follow.   It's a Calvinist board and they will kick
you off if you are too critical of  TULIP.  Posting on that bulletin board
helped me to shape my own thinking and to formulate my Biblical
understanding clearly.  So it was a very good thing.  And I made a few
friends there who I still correspond with.

I think the church is a good place to meet and fellowship with other
Christians, to worship God together and to learn the basics.  When it comes
to refining your doctrine,  finding answers to spiritual questions or
concerns, IMHO sometimes the best way is to seek out information yourself in
books and on the Internet.

I'm so happy to be part of this list, that someone of Dr. Jones' caliber and
worldwide prestige would take the time to share his knowledge with me and
help me along.  Like Moses, Dr. Jones has turned his back on Pharaoh's
house, (i.e. become an outcast in the scientific world where he is and was
one of the most-credentialed and potentially well-compensated)  preferring
instead to suffer with the people of God.

Cheryl