[geocentrism] Re: Ancient calendars

  • From: "Gary Shelton" <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:45:15 -0600

Carl, Amnon,

Genesis 1:16-18 talks about God making the two great lights. One was to rule
over the day, the other over the night.  I've often wondered, ala
Velikovsky, if once upon a time we actually had a moon that circled the
earth in the exact same time as the sun, thus maintaining this perfect
relationship of the verse.  For where, I have always wondered, are moon
"phases" mentioned in the Bible?  Wasn't the moon originally supposed to be
there every night to rule over us?

Gary