[GeoStL] Re: rules, we don't need no rules …

  • From: Maggie Madonia <letsride94@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:54:36 -0600

Agreed but just like geocache placements common sense is not a
requirement.  That is where it defaults to me as the finder.
On Jan 19, 2012 8:50 AM, "Glenn" <gln.htc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Grandfathered!! I like that.
>
> In the absence of rules common sense should prevail.
>
> I really like the addition of the playground sentence.
>
> Glenn
> Via iP-4
>

> On Jan 19, 2012, at 8:29 AM, Maggie Madonia <letsride94@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In defense of those you may deem rules broken...  they were placed
before Munzee had "rules".

>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM, <steve.bromley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I wonder how many 'Munzee' deployers have actually read these rules?
I've seen a lot of these rules broken with some Munzee's.

following rules:A Munzee needs to be placed in a manner that promotes safe
and reasonable gameplay.The placement of a munzee and the actions taken
needing to capture it must not break any local, state or federal laws.A
Munzee cannot be placed on private property without permission. This needs
to be granted from the property representative or owner (not the barista*)A
Munzee cannot be placed on airport property. Suspicious activity at an
airport is going to be a problem.A Munzee cannot be placed within 500 feet
of a municipal building, school, playground, pool, or memorial area.A
Munzee needs to be placed a 'reasonable distance' away from other
Munzees.There is not a currently a set rule, however it is a strong
guideline. Over-saturation is no fun for anyone!Munzees cannot be located
in the same place. No "bonus" hides allowed.Place your Munzee with respect
to the local environment.