[GeoStL] Re: iphone gc app - anyone recommend app other than official version?

  • From: Jason Collier <jcollier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 18:04:55 -0500

-
The only thing I use the phone for is to see the satellite view if I can't seem to locate it with the Oregon.

Jason Collier
314-623-0263

On 5/28/2012 5:26 PM, Christian Jundt wrote:
My iPhone 4 really does well, until I get into tree cover. The only thing I actually use it for anymore is logging finds. I bought a Magellan GC for my daughter, and we now use that to locate the caches.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 28, 2012, at 16:03, Craig Ingram <geoseaeye@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:geoseaeye@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

The GC.com <http://GC.com> app is the shits I agree and as far as phone GPS my IPhone is as dead on the money as my 60CSx. Maybe if all you have is a phone for making calls the GPS would kind of suck, but I wouldn't now I haven't had a phone like that in............well, ever.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM, R Rouse <rrouse2@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rrouse2@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Best is -- "Geosphere" -- absolutely great & easy to use - has
    many sort, and search functions.  Takes 10 seconds or less to
    find the cache you are looking for.

    GeoConformity

    On 5/28/2012 1:42 PM, ZLA Solutions wrote:

    I plan to get the official $9.99version unless someone says
    there’s a better app out there. I’m not looking for a cheaper
    one, just the“best”one.

    Thanks in advance for all comments.

    Zeke (ZLA) -owner of a brand new iphone

Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->