[GeoStL] Re: iphone gc app - anyone recommend app other than official version?

  • From: Glenn <gln.htc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:08:07 -0500

There is a way. I have done it. I just have to remember how :-)

Glenn
Via iP-4s

On May 28, 2012, at 8:23 PM, Laura Williams <pi.arent.square@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike, I know that with the android official app, if you go to the satellite
view and then hit the menu button, it gives you the option to add a waypoint. I
have no idea how it works on the iPhone interface but there's gotta be a way to
do it.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Mike Griffin <brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Because that had never happened with someone with a GPS.

I have the app and have used it to log caches for the last 4 months. I find
them all the time and my accuracy is always as good as a gps.

I would use a GPS to hide. The only downside to the app is you cannot enter
coords. At least I have not found a way. So if you solve a puzzle and want to
enter the final, you are kinda SOL.

Mike Griffin
Delivery Manager
State Farm Account