[GeoStL] Re: iphone gc app - anyone recommend app other than official version?

  • From: Glenn <gln.htc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 14:55:35 -0500

There will be those that will say to get a real gps. I have several real gps's.
Which one to I use all the time? The iPhone. I have repeatedly tested it
against my real gps's    .  I still still the phone  and my tester won't use
the garmin anymore.

I don't think there is one best. For a fast and easy, hop out of the car and
go, the iPhone app it the shits. No planning and you still have everything with
you.

For a little more advanced, flexible and offline program, I head for geosphere.
It is not the easiest to learn but it wields more power. There are a whole
series of videos that teaches ya how to do stuff. There are a couple other
programs and toolboxes for doing specific tasks like projecting waypoints,
converting coord to different formats and whatnot. I don't use them often but
when I have to do that stuff standing in a ditch, ya need it.

So, even tho there are other programs I use the iPhone app along with
geosphere. Oh, there is geobucket, i have it but don't use it even tho it has
one nice feature. It is one of several free programs in the interesting
category.

I am not even sure where my garmins are anymore. I use my good gps nearly every
day for something.

Glenn
Via iP-4s

On May 28, 2012, at 1:42 PM, "ZLA Solutions" <Zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I plan to get the official $9.99 version unless someone says there’s a better
app out there. I’m not looking for a cheaper one, just the “best” one.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Zeke (ZLA) - owner of a brand new iphone