[GeoStL] Re: [geocache] SLAGA Nominations

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:58:47 -0500

-
Bridget,

Yes, in the case of a tie, the board gets to vote twice, but
they only get to vote for the individuals that are "tied"
for a vote. If five people run for a office and there is a
tie between two of them for a position, we can only vote
between those two, not for all five. I can see no reason to
not let the "Board of Directors" vote since the likelyhood
of a tie is extremely remote. Heck, last year, we only had
one nominee for all but one of the positions.

If you look at the US Constitution, if there is a tie for
President, then the choice goes to the Electorial College
and then to the House to vote and break it. In the same
sense, they get to vote twice.

If I came across as defensive, it wasn't meant to be.  There
just seemed to be a lot of discussion and questions on a set
of by-laws that has been ratified and in effect for quite a
while.  If there are points that aren't clear, then they
need to be discussed and if necessary, changed.  That really
needs to be done at one of the official meetings of SLAGA.

I agree that it's hard to discuss things at a picnic where
it's hard to hear but I'd wager that if we called a SLAGA
business meeting that didn't involve eating, the attendance
would be way down. :)

Again, if I came across as defensive, then I appologize for
that.

Steve