[GeoStL] Re: We LOVE Garmin!

  • From: "Jg \"outdoorman63\"" <outdoorman1963@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

garmin only way to go :)

tklnhl & kyd <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Two weeks ago hubby called Garmin to
find out price and procedure for sending in our Rhino 120. Last year sometime
he thought he was told either $69.00 or $89.00 for repair.

He had a friendly conversation with the technical service guy. Told him he uses
the Garmin mainly for geocaching, fishing and 'round the farm'. Tech guy says,
"I love geocaching".  Tom then went on to explain that his wife (that would be
ME) thinks the  almost 2 year old unit has not been working properly for over a
year. It takes forever to get complete satellite lock and then doesn't maintain
lock on all satellites for longer than 3-4 minutes. The problem became obvious
once we bought the two eTrex units (and spent a lot of time hunting A Tale of
Two Parks heh-heh).   Also, the rubber wore off the click stick.

The technician said to just send it in, it would be evaluated and they would
call or email with repair cost or send a new unit.  New unit?!?!?  Sure, said
the technician, if you really think it's been malfunctioning for that long.

Today in the 'mail' at hubby's work, was a shiny new Garmin 120.  The work
order describes Tom's statement of how it acting  with confirmation that
problems were  verified and unit to be replaced. They transferred the info we
had in there and we're ready to go!

Nancy

 Make Yahoo! your home page