[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA County Challenge

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:24:02 -0500

-
L Frank and I have about 6 more counties in Illinois to do, which we plan to
snag on our trip to Moonshine on Labor Day weekend. This challenge has been a
lot of fun so far. As it turns out, we've been able to beat the heat by
grabbing a few easy-terrain caches in one county, then driving in
air-conditioned luxury to another group of caches in the next county. We are
using Streets and Trips on a laptop computer hooked up to a GPS receiver to
plan the most efficient route from county to county. If we spend both Saturday
and Sunday on the road, we have been able to knock out 20 counties in one
weekend without feeling rushed.

-Laurie (Denmother)

> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:47:04 -0500
> Subject: [GeoStL] SLAGA County Challenge
> From: rogerbarnes51@xxxxxxxxx
> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> -
> Just a quick shout out about my SLAGA County Challenge. There are now
> 100 cachers who have logged a note to say they are starting the
> challenge. Only 17 have finished. I thought there would be a lot of
> people finishing it up this summer but there has been only one
> finisher since mid-June. Let's get out and explore this area we call
> SLAGA territory!
> If you are working on it, I'm curious about how close you are to
> finishing. Obviously, this is a public forum so if you don't want to
> be specific, that's fine, but I'd like to hear some comments.
> For those who are not familar with it, check it out at GCZPRB.

> Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
> Missouri Geocaching land policies --> http://tinyurl.com/lgyy84
> Missouri Geocachers Forums --> http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php
> Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->