[GeoStL] Re: New record 2,000 finds 0 hides

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:19:41 -0500

- Well, it could be that Jesus said that the very first thing you do when someone sins (and I think the parallel here is that somebody who doesn't place caches is a sinner) is confront them privately and not publicly, and in a loving manner. That approach makes a lot of sense whether you are Christian or not.

And just because this approach gets responses when mentioning names does not is a case of "the ends justify the means". If that were true, you can throw away the constitution and notions like due process.

FWIW, I would love to be able to get out and cache, but have not had the time. I would love to get out and hide a cache, but I don't know if I am going to be in the area much longer, and I don't think it would be fair to orphan a cache and "force" someone to have to volunteer to take it over. There are many people who are on the road almost all the time who cache to fill in their free time while out of town who would not ever have enough time to take care of a cache at home. I have been in that situation, and I have barely had time to take care of my own affairs let alone maintain a cache. So I can see a lot of reasons why some folks may not feel they can hide a cache. So what would we do? Ban them from the game? Do they have to "justify" themselves and perhaps reveal some personal information just so they are not ridiculed in public for not hiding caches?

Geocaching is fun, but it is not my primary hobby. I don't even have time for that lately, so I don't feel that bad by not getting out to cache. We are not all cookie cutter geocaching zealots. We need to make room for everyone who is not HARMING the game or anyone personally, and allow them to have their own fun in their own way. Hey, not everyone is even a premium member!

Well, that is my fiftieth of a buck.

Eric East wrote:
-
Why bring Jesus into it????
But, since you already have, i'll say this. I can't speak for Him anymore that you or anyone else can, but  He confronted sin (i'm not saying this is sin) & He did it both publicly & privately.

BTW, I have brought this subject up before, & with without mentioning names. However, noonne even responded. Maybe puting a name with the action, or lack there of will have a positive result. maybe not...

Eric

Eric

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim & Pam Ueltzen" <timpam2mocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>