[GeoStL] Re: New record 2,000 finds 0 hides

  • From: GLENN <glnash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:57:24 -0700 (PDT)

-
It has been an interesting day.
Just last night I wrote that this list pretty much
takes care of itself. No hassles, no muss, no fuss.

Low and behold here comes today.

It was a beautiful day. A day that I would think
everyone would be out hiking in the woods, looking
around for stuff. Instead, I come home to find a big
pile of worthless character bashing.  Which if I
remember correctly is sort of against the terms of use
for this newslist. But, never mind that, the
discussion in general is interesting.

To discuss the generalities of hide to find ratios,
micro to traditional cache  densities, what exactly is
required for a cache to become a listable cache and
all manners of other topics is good for the community
in general. However, to start mentioning that old
blind bob hides pitifully easy caches or that  the
wild willy team takes too long to find caches ect, so
on and so forth are not really all that interesting or
useful here.

The fact of the matter is that everyone plays the game
differently. Some folks are finders, others contribute
by hiding caches. Not all cache finders  place good
caches, that is just a fact. I would rather everyone
contribute as they feel comfortable and do what they
are good at rather than throwing out a hundred or so
junk caches just to fufill someones idea of a good
cache ratio.

Sure enough, this whole game depends on cache hiders
to give the rest of us caches to find but if a cacher
feels that they cant live up to the local community
standards  and doesn't place any caches, well, darn
the luck, it's our loss  but it is not any big crime.

 So, continued character smearing on this list will
not  continue. To do so would not be prudent at this
juncture.

I hope y'all got to find some caches today. It was a
beauty of a day.

Thanks a million and carry on,

Sheriff Glenn
keeper of the peace

--- LuAnn <luigilula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree Tim.  This serves no purpose.  If you can't
> say something nice ...  then don't say it.
> LuAnn
>
> Tim & Pam Ueltzen <timpam2mocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> -
> I don't think this kind of personal bashing needs to
> be on the free list.
Subject field