[GeoStL] Re: GPS units

  • From: Tina Boyle <tina_boyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 16:13:47 -0600

We use a Nuvi in the car which has a connection problem ATM and we can't charge
it in the car. We may have to replace it.
We have 2 GPS's a Delorme PN60 and a Garmin GS map 62.   Both are great for
geocaching!
We bought a PN 60 at best buy for a present for my mother in law. It was
250.00. It basicly is a matter of preference they operate a little different. I
like the Delorme maps better!
I also use my I phone but not to locate caches. After loosing an I phone in the
woods once I would never use it as a solo source of caching. To easily broken
also. But great for finding caches on the fly and logging on the go.
More advice take what you wish throw out the rest.

Honestly if you want to go caching with us to use our devices so you can decide
just ask.

Tina

Sent from my iPhone