[GeoStL] Re: GPS units

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 18:43:07 -0600

Kerrrr-Psssttt - Opening the can..  (of Worms)

The best way to pick a GPS is to list features YOU want. I prefer Garmin but
anyone will tell you, besides Happykraut, Magellan and Delorme make a pretty
good unit too. Some like a rugged handheld while others like more of a
smart-phone look and feel. Maps are important. Do you want paperless, cache
pages loaded on the GPS? Electronic compass, Barometer, Camera,
Auto-Routing, etc.

Field, Car, Fitness, All Three?

Just make a list of what sounds good as you research the GPS units and then
see what fits.

Thanks!

Mike

Brawny Bear