[GeoStL] Re: ????????????Cache types?????????????????

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:38:37 -0500

-
While I found this one right off the bat and 43 other cachers found it also, I guess it could have been a ? mystery cache from the get go. I have found caches that were this far "off" and that is just as good as it got. I guess you could modify the text slightly and scoot the listed coords about 75 feet in the proper direction and it would be slightly less confusing for the folks that are having trouble.

But really, looking even quickly at the cache page shows it to be a small cache. Not a micro. Looking around, there are only a few places to hide a smallish sort of cache. If I can find it by thinking about where a person could hide a box big enough to put stuff in, I am thinking anyone should be able to do the same. Before the new fancy gpsr's were around, I thought I was doing pretty good if I could find a cache within a 100 feet circle of the posted coords. Now I see notes on caches blasting the owner for being 20 feet off. perhaps a simple slight coordinate change would be a simple fix.
Glenn

Stephen Martin wrote:
-
Ok, here we go. I first have to admit that one of my cache buddies partially proved me wrong in my belief on what warrants what in regard to cache types. I have one improperly listed cache type. It is Citz N Bush( GC1121E ). The debate was how do you list an offset cache such as this one. According to the cache type listing guidelines, an offset should be listed as a multicache unless there is a puzzle to it. Does mine have a puzzle because it uses surrounding visual aids to find the cache? I would like to correct this mistake, but the Edit Listing option does not allow me to change the type. Although, I enjoy the idea of throwing those load and go cachers off, I am not really supposed to be allowed to do so.
What do others think?  Are there other caches listed improperly that anyone is
aware of?  How should I correct Cizt N Bush?  Thanks for any feedback.

Stephen

PS- By load and go cachers I mean those who rarely look at more than
traditional caches to find and tend to not look at the cache page before going
to search.