[GeoStL] Re: ????????????Cache types?????????????????

  • From: Mike Tollefson <mbtoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:19:57 -0700 (PDT)

The simple way I look at is:

Traditional cache - there is a cache located at those coordinates - no special
instructions, a cache is here
Multi-cache - you need to find things at more than one location - this includes
offset caches!  Doing simple math is not a puzzle!
Puzzle cache - you need to do something/solve something ahead of time or have
special knowledge that you may not be able to do in the field.  When I do "load
and go" caching I don't even bother loading puzzle caches since I can't solve
them in the field (in theory).  When I cache a specific local area I solve the
puzzles ahead of time and them load them.

Yes, there are a few caches in the area that are listed incorrectly.  I can
think of a traditional that should be a puzzle.  I can think of several puzzle
caches that are really offset caches using simple math, that is a multi!  Those
are the ones I'm likely to miss when doing the load and go thing cuz I will do
multi's in those cases.

Mike