[GeoStL] Re: ????????????Cache types?????????????????

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:02:10 -0500

- Well, just one other note to consider......

Sometimes I find myself somewhere and I have a little time on my hands. I don't always have Internet access, but I usually have a lot of caches loaded on my GPS. Too many sometimes. Anyway, I may notice a nearby cache, and I may think I have time to do it. If it is a mystery cache, then I know I cannot. The others might be worth a shot.

Before I loaded all the caches into my Palm, I really didn't have a way of knowing if I could go do that caches as a quick grab. So it isn't only the "Load 'n Go" crowd that would like to know a bit more about the cache, and may not have access to the verbiage on the page to read.

The other thing I find lacking in that scenario are the multi caches. I don't know if I start it whether I would have time to finish it, or if it is going to lead me on a bushwhacking trek that I am not prepared to do. If I knew that the offset was a quarter mile off, I might try it if it isn't 110 in the shade, but if I am going to have to do 5 miles and drive 4 different places, then I don't have the time usually.

This doesn't mean that I think anything needs to change, although some indication of the the total effort on a multi would be nice. I have the stuff on my Palm now, so most of that is not a problem with me, except for that last thing I mentioned. This is just by way of adding a little extra food for thought.

Steve Bromley wrote:
-
Or you could archive it, and create a new one in the same
place and we could all get another smiley....  (Just
kidding).

When I initially looked for it, I was confused because I
tend not to read the cache pages carefully on traditional
caches unless I can't find it (it's burned me more than
once).  Once I realized that the coordinates weren't for
where the cache was, I followed the instructions and got to
the area and still couldn't find it because I wasn't sure I
was really in the right area.  After getting home and
reflecting about it, I went right back and found it the next
time I looked. Stephen, I wouldn't worry about it.  Maybe
put a disclaimer that the cache isn't at the noted location
and leave it at that.