[GeoStL] Re: Bogus MOGA logs-I have to admit, you had a good point

  • From: Max Frost <max.frost60@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 19:57:19 -0500

-
Interesting.  I've never been to a MOGA, but I have a question for you Mr.
MyOtis.  Have you been? When did you attend? What did you do to help? If it
has been the policy all along to let the volunteers log caches, then why did
you contribute the wrongness of it this year?  You went to Rend Lake and hid
how many caches?  Obviously, you didn't like the way it was handled or the
way the caches were hidden but you did go back after the fact and find some
of them. By logging them, you are contributing to the problem.  You should
really not log a cache you don't approve of or take credit for the find.

I'll ask a second question, other than complain, what have you done to
contribute to geocaching in the last 5 years?  I lurk on this list, don't
say anything and just watch.  You can learn a lot about people by just
watching.  You have a lot to say but little of it, if any, has been positive
about anything.  I see that in the logs you post and in your general
attitude toward geocaching in general.  You don't like the hides, and from
what I can tell, you don't like much of anything that anyone else does other
than you.  I am/was interested in Geocaching and may, someday, actually log
a cache that I've found.  I find them, read the logs but don't sign them and
don't log them at Geocaching.com. That isn't important to me.  Taking the
walk and finding the container is enough.

I appreciate anyone who volunteers for anything and gives of themselves for
the betterment of anything. The people who spent their weekends either
hiding the caches or working the event did it because they wanted to. From
what I can tell, over 600 other people enjoyed the event.  I'm just glad you
are in the minority.

I'll ask you the same question that my father used to ask me:  "Who the hell
died and made you boss?"

I think I've had enough of you on this list. You have the right to your
opinion, but I have the right not to have to listen to it.

You can respond, but I'm unsubscribing as soon as I hit the enter button on
this message.  You are bringing me down.