[geekcrypt] Re: Introducing frehberg, or Frank

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:23:31 +0800

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 09:30:31 -0700
Karen Palen <karenpalensl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My logic is that Switzerland has very strong privacy laws, but is still
> "significant" enough to resist attempts at bullying or legalistic
> shutdowns. There is no evidence that this happened this time, but
> clearly it COULD! Sadly the US is not the only possibility here, many of
> the world's more "controlling" governments, and many facets of criminal
> organizations will also have an interest in shutting down a truly robust
> crypto system.

Hi Mark, thanks for your opinion! I also agree, especially on the
collaboration part.

I, and therefore currently the server which hosts the website, am
located in Taipei, Taiwan. I am only a student here, however, and in
fact a German citizen. Also I'm in contact with the national crypto
scene (which is kind of small in a country this small).

For now I cannot imagine the government doing anything spectacular to
please the US, but of course: who knows.

If anybody has further thoughts on that situation, please voice them. :)

--
Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬