[geekcrypt] Re: Introducing frehberg, or Frank

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 11:21:03 +0800

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 05:12:55 +0200
Frank Rehberger <frehberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello
>
> @Bill, many thanks for the introduction :)
>
> yes, my name is Frank Rehberger (aka frehberg :)
> I am 42, living in Berlin/Germany, coding since early days.
> In terms of development I am focusing on IT-Security, and
> network-communication. From time to time I have been speaker at
> LinuxTag, Communication-Camp and other events in the past.
>
> For me it was a kind of shock to read that the maintainers would no
> longer support TrueCrypt. I am happy that I am not the only one feeling
> that way and I looking forward to work with you together :)
>
> As Niklas pointed out, we should join forces, and we should prevent a
> split up of the community. I agree, that efforts should be  merged with
> truecrypt.ch.
> AFAICS, a strong developer-community is very important for the user-base
> to regain trust and confidence into the software and roadmap.
>
> So far I see the following major tasks:
> * Joined efforts with truecrypt.ch, agreeing on a new name
> * Rebranding (name, source code, documents, icons, webpage)
> * Porting the sources to an up2date build-environment on different
> platforms.
>
> I am happy to become a member of the team and to work together with you
> in future :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Frank

Nice to meet you, Frank. :)

As you can see in my mail to Bill, I am not (yet) a crypto coder, but
studying maths & crypto at college (in Taipei, Taiwan, although I am
actually from Germany). I do kow my way around some C/C++ though. Not
so much around Windows though, have been using mainly Debian since my
early teens.

So since you and Bill can probably better estimate that--if there is
something a rookie like me could work and / or learn on, feel free to
let me know. :)

Niklas

--
Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬